Sunday 2 March 2014

Stop bullying.

Hey lovelies,

So today I wanted to attempt to tackle the world of self confidence and the impact bullies have on it.

I am not an expert nor do I know a lot about this topic but these past few years have really opened my eyes to so many things going on around me.

I have noticed so so many teens having doubts about their appearances, their actions and even questioning their own existence.
Self confidence, specially in teens is such a hard topic to tackle. It's just one of those things you really can't control or fully understand and I learned that the hard way.

Nowadays we are surrounded by millions of photoshopped pictures of celebrities and models who are thin as a stick and society targets them and blames them for the lack of self confidence in teens but the harsh reality is that no one really understands that bullies are the main reason for that problem.

For years and years many people have been putting down the idea of models and how they look too thin and how kids want to be just like them, yet no one ever thought of the reason why these kids feel that way. Is it because they find that look to be nice or is it because they are surrounded by bullies who judge their appearances by comparing them to those photos?



It amazes me how many people will comment on someone's appearance before getting to know them.
It amazes me how people will judge someone else just because of their size.
It amazes me how shallow some people are.
It really does.




When did the shaming of anyone's body become okay?


It's one thing to point out fake photos in magazines but it's another to put down the idea of being thin. It really frustrates me when people feel the need to put down one size just to make the other feel better.
Is it really necessary? Does the idea of putting down being thin not the same as bullying larger people?

Judging ANY body is WRONG!

It is wrong that so many people nowadays feel the need to reassure people and comfort them of their size by putting down another.

As a thin person, I know what it's like to be receiving so much criticism about the way you look.

Since when is "You're so skinny" okay to say?
Since when is it okay to ask someone how much they weigh because you think they are underweight?
Since when is it okay to point out features of someone's body?

Yet it is really rude to ask such questions to a larger person?
I can blame so many things on society but I came to realize that yes, I am part of  "society" and I am not going to stand for any kind of bullying. Whether it is aimed at thin or bigger people.
It is not right and is not acceptable.

This post was rather negative and sort of a rant but I wanted to let you all know and understand that beauty does come in all sizes, shapes, nationality and colours. You are all beautiful and you should be proud of who you are because there is only one of you in the world. You are unique!

I really hope that this inspired you or at least made you think that what I was going on about was true.
Do you agree with me? Let me know in the comment section!

Thank you so much guys!

Lots of love, Karine xx

10 comments:

  1. wow ive just found your blog and i respect you so much for this blog post!! i could not agree more than body shaming in any way is WRONG! the amount of times people have called me skinny and made it seems like a derogatory statement, and it can actually be very upsetting! i love your blog! id love it if youd check mine out and comment back, keep up the good work http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! That's so sweet of you!
      Yeah I completely understand and I get treated the same way and it really sucks!
      Of course! Your blog is fantastic! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree with you. We're constantly surrounded by unrealistic, photoshopped pictures of what "pretty" is, and it only leaves girls feeling less desirable and more pressure to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is meaningful and I absolutely agree that we should not judge a person size as each and every individual is different and everyone should be happy and comfortable about themselves! Really strong points and I love your blogpost (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you agree with me! :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a good post and I couldn't agree more! Ahhhh!


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your link through Blogionaire! I love this post. Couldnt agree more. People dont understand the mental and physical affect this actually has on people. All my respect to you doll
    Dani xo
    laceandlovexo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and for commenting! I read and will reply to every single one! Please leave a link to your blog and I will be sure to check it out as well! :) xx