Monday 10 March 2014

Laughing at the wrong moment


Hey lovelies!

So put your hand up if you're guilty of laughing at the wrong time or place! *raises hand*

Oh, we've all done it at lease once, right? Please say yes... I'm depending on those to make myself feel less guilty.

Ever since the beginning of time, I have been cursed by a laughing witch to laugh at the wrong moment and place.. I know it may sound crazy, but I swear it's true!

So we all have heard the saying "laughter is the best medicine" right? Yeah well it ain't always the best thing when you're doing it in any inappropriate situations.

So I'm one of those employees who loves to joke around and have a laugh but I often find myself doing it at the wrong moments. So last time I was at work, I was talking to the girl at the register about something completely irrelevant. Then came a customer. She handed the customer his receipt so he may wait for his order to be ready and he asked if she could write the ticket number on top as it is too small for him to read. As she was curiously looking for her red pen, It didn't click until she yanked it out of my hands that I was holding it. Realising that the whole time it was in my hands, I started laughing and so did she! ( It was a funny "had to there" moment)

Now as I told you the story, you will know that in fact we were laughing at ourselves but another employee working with us thought we were laughing at the customer for not being able to read the number and I think that the customer might have thought so too.

It is ridiculous the amount of times I laugh at the wrong time or place and it kills me to think that someone may think that I'm either laughing at them or at something that should be taken seriously.

With that being said though... I do often laugh at serious things. Now, now, don't jump to conclusions and think that I'm a horrible person! Rather look at it in this way, when something that someone has been avoiding on purpose comes and ruins everything for them (example: last time my friend has been waiting so long for this movie to come out and someone full on spoilt the whole thing for here) Now to her, it was the most horrible thing to happen, yet I just laughed out loud. I couldn't help it. Her reaction was priceless.

Or if my friend falls over, the first thing I'll do is laugh at them before asking if they're okay.
The thing is, a lot of us do it... Don't even try to deny it.
We have all laughed at so many inappropriate things which happened at a very wrong time.

Now after writing this post, I realise that I may be a really horrible person.
I CAN'T HELP IT THOUGH.

Have you done this before? Laughed at something you shouldn't have?
Please do let me know because I'm sure a lot of you have funny stories to share!

Lots of love, Karine xx

5 comments:

  1. I have a problem of laughing with nerves, so anytime I got in trouble at school I would burst out laughing which got me in more trouble oopsie (thank heavens im out of school now) still happens the odd time so your not alone :p
    Spiderxscarlet.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done this so many times, luckily it hasn't got me into too much trouble yet, but know how you feel. xx


    Anna-Maria | www.topdrawfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this happens to me as well! Whenever I am told I've done something wrong, I laugh even though it's not a funny situation and it got me into so much trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad that I'm not alone on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't really remember any occasion where I've laughed out of turn as I'm usually able to suppress it, or I don't find it funny until the moment's passed. For example if I saw somebody fall, a million Worst Case Scenarios run through my head and I'm unable to laugh until I know they okay. Usually I'm not shocked than they are, LOL! I guess I just empathise too much with what the person affected might be feeling, which is probably one of my downfalls.
    Interesting post, thanks for sharing. Star.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and for commenting! I read and will reply to every single one! Please leave a link to your blog and I will be sure to check it out as well! :) xx