Wednesday 26 March 2014

Proud mumma chicken!

Hey Lovelies,

So today I wanted to share with you this very exciting moment for me. I know that I never mentioned this before but last year, in December I believe, my brother surprised me with two baby chicks!

Now for those of you who don't know this about me, I am a HUGE chicken lover! I think they make super cute pets and are absolutely adorable. I have been around chickens my whole life and when I was younger, I used to love playing with them until I moved to Australia where we weren't able to get some! So I was super happy to find out that I was finally getting some in Australia!

Meet Twitter Bell 
Meet Sir Jump alot (yes it's a female)




 

I watched them grow, took care of them and played with them until they became big enough to run away from me! Nonetheless, they were adorable!

Today marks a very exciting day as one of my two chickens has finally laid it's first ever egg! The black one on the Left! It was just so cute! But the funny thing about it all was where it had decided to lay the egg. Was it in it's little house? Or perhaps in the little area they like to hang out? NOPE

This one went all original on us when we found the egg in a bin.

Now you may be thinking, how did your chicken get into your bin? Gross!

But no, actually today was the day that my grandpa washed the bin as the rubbish truck went past this morning. After washing it, he left it open to dry in the sun and in the afternoon when he went to close it, that's when he found the egg. Weird huh?

But yeah so basically, I was super excited about this that I snapchatted all my friends and now felt the need to write a post about it!

I'm looking forward to getting fresh eggs now!!

I know this was a really random post but I really wanted to share my excitement with you all!
Do you have any pets other than the usual cat and dogs? If so, please do share!

Lots of Love, Karine xx

20 comments:

  1. twitter bell and sir jump are too cute! hahaha fresh eggs will be awesome. no, i've only had a parakeet and 2 dogs.

    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the egg!
    I've only ever had a fish. It was kind of boring :/ Having chickens as pets sounds so cool!! :D

    lynloveswolves.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are! Oh a parakeet and 2 dogs sound like fun!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    Ah yeah can't play with a fish :p
    But they make pretty cool pets! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I love this post! You got CHICKENS! :3 I dunno if I could eat the eggs that a chicken hatched because I keep imagining there's a baby chick inside =( I can't remember the last time I had supermarket eggs. I love the names of your chickens =D
    Great post, thanks for sharing! Star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw! Kinda weird to have a chicken pet but its pretty awesome! Happy for you! You are really proud for you chicken for sure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha there can't be a chicken inside because I don't have a rooster! :p
    Thank you! means a lot! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I don't like the bird kind but this is such a cute story! Haha laying its egg in a bin. My friend has chickens and the whole egg-laying part is pretty sweet. Glad you got your first egg! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look cute on that photo. I can see your excitement. I remember my aunt who used to have native chickens at their backyard, she usually get one and make roasted chicken when there's a gathering. Those native chickens taste so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha thank you Rosemary!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw you're too kind! Thank you!
    Omg I can't imagine eating mine! only their eggs :p xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha how cute! Love twitter bell :)

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.nl/fabulousstylews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is exciting! How cute!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana @ The Cole Collection28 March 2014 at 04:48

    Aww they are super sweet and so are you! My kiddiewinks would love it if I brought a chick home! Nice blog hun!! x d

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw thank you! They definitely would! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome! I think your chicken has a sense of humor. I pretty much like any fuzzy animal. :) Little baby chicks are super cute, but I've never had one so I don't know anything about chickens as pets! I hope you keep us updated on your chickens!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw thank you Lauren! That's so sweet! I think they have attitude to be honest, like whenever I would go see them in the morning the black one will give me this look and make this weird noise then run away! It's still so cute though haha! Thank you for your lovely comment! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and for commenting! I read and will reply to every single one! Please leave a link to your blog and I will be sure to check it out as well! :) xx