Monday 10 February 2014

Life after High school



Hey lovelies,

So I just finished high school and my life feels like it has just been flipped upside down.
Not just because now I am faced with more responsibility or the fact that everyone is on my back about my future but more so the little things that used to make life enjoyable.

I often look back on the past and I know sometimes it does hurt but I also think of the good times I shared with others.

The thing about high school is that for the past 6 years you have built up friendship with people. You grow up together and go through some of the toughest times like being a teenager or finding yourself. Feeling as though you have people who understand you and who may be going through the same thing by your side and that just always makes things a little easier.

Throughout the years those friendship will either strengthen or break. But what I've been told just about a thousand times by those who have been in my shoes is that friendships rarely ever last after high school. Those friends you are with at the moment, are not those who you grow old with.

I guess I used to think about it but didn't really take it as something that would happen to my friendship group. We were always so close and always go out together. But now looking at what I do in a typical week compared to what I used to do, my friends are no where to be seen. Everyone has gone their separate ways and I now understand what they meant.

In High School, you make promises which now seem like just words you said to each other to reassure one another for the future when really it doesn't mean a thing. I know that that's harsh but really I am being realistic. Maybe one day we might catch up again and reminisce on the good old days.

Don't get me wrong, you often do stay close or keep contact with one or two people and they would often be your best friends but that friendship group you thought was inseparable will easily be broken.


Has any of you gone through a similar friendship break up? Was finishing high school a big step for you? Let me know!

Lots of Love, Karine xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks to the first line, I now have the song 'Prince of Bel-Air' stucking in my head..
    I know what you're going through, 2 years ago I moved to the other end of the country, therefore me and most of my friends lost contact (at least it's not like it was before).
    And that's normal I guess, as you said people grow apart. You liked them during high school because you and your friends equally evolved during situations you lived trough together. That bonded you.
    And now, where each of you have new experiences and (as hard as it may sound) a new life, you keep evolving but in another way then your friends.
    But let me tell you this: There are friends who will stick to you no matter what. I also have one friend who has and will always manage it to see me when I'm back home. It don't matter if you don't keep contact every day. But have a little talk once in a while is important.
    (This way you also can see who are your 'real' friends - trust me)
    I hope you're not too sad, that this point in your life is over. As my personal experience I can say, there are other good people on this planet, you will met ;)

    ( wow - it wasn't supposed to be this long :P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize that I did that until you mentioned it and now it's stuck in my head!! :p
      Thank you for the lovely comment, I know that it's a part of life and I have to MOVE ON :p
      It's just sad, you know? but oh well, I just gotta keep thinking about all the amazing things that the future holds and get excited to achieve many great things hopefully!
      It will definitely be a test those true friends for sure and I'm sure I'll make new ones along the way!
      Take care xxx

      Delete
  2. Finishing high school is definitely a huge step, I think for everyone. It's really a time of transition. I still stay in touch with a few of my close friends, but not everyone. I think you gravitate closer towards some of your really close high school friends and with others you naturally pull away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's so true! It's specially hard when some move away!
      Thanks! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and for commenting! I read and will reply to every single one! Please leave a link to your blog and I will be sure to check it out as well! :) xx