Saturday 22 April 2017

Letter S - S is for Social Media




Okay so after two pretty heavy posts, I thought to myself, wow Karine you need to chill - ahh nah I'm kidding

It's crazy to think that we live in a world where Social Media is one of the biggest part of our everyday life. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, you name it, most of us have an account! Without it most of us feel quite lost but some don't want to have anything to do with it!

For example, I know a few people who don't even have an email address, let alone a Facebook account! Yet, I am sitting here on my laptop with all my Social Media accounts open... that's A LOT of tabs... one of them is playing music and I cannot find which one it is... sigh

Now I just thought to myself... why does an individual not want any kind of social media account? Wouldn't you want to connect with others and find people who you haven't seen in years? Personally, I do but I guess it depends on the type of person you are OR it means that you are not familiar with how social media really works.

Social Media can be used in many different ways and for many different purposes... This includes personal use, growing a business, reaching out to others, promoting an event, research and building a profile with reviews.

Most of us on here use our blog on a regular basis and watch our audience grow each day. I've had my blog for a few years now. Even though it has been dormant for a couple of years, I still managed to get it live again and continue to do what I love.

Starting a blog can be a bit tricky when you aren't sure what to do. Here are a few tips I used when I first started:


  1. Be consistent - Whether it be in your content or the amount of posts you publish weekly. Try to be consistent and offer your audience a set schedule they can look forward to.
  2. Promote your work - Use every type of social media to promote your blog - they're all very useful platforms to grow your blog and get it out there.
  3. Hashtags - Use hashtags in all your posts - It enables people to find your work and attracts the right audience to your content. 
  4. Be active in the blogging community - start off by reading other people's work ad interacting with different bloggers - we all have something we can learn from each other and it also allows you to make blogger friends!
  5. Engage with your audience - Reply to comments and visit their page to show support in their work as they have done for you!
  6. Join in on blogging challenges such as A TO Z BLOGGING CHALLENGE (Click on the link for more info)
  7. But most importantly, have fun and make sure you enjoy what you do! There's nothing worst than feeling like you have to do something rather than wanting to do it!
I hope this helped even if it's just a little.

Let me know in the comment section below how you're going with your blog and leave any tips you may have for others.

Share the love and be kind,

Lots of love,

Karine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and for commenting! I read and will reply to every single one! Please leave a link to your blog and I will be sure to check it out as well! :) xx